It may not be the end of the world….but it can be pretty traumatizing! You go to your trusted stylist (or take your chance on someone new) and the results are just NOT what you were going for. It happens. So what do you do if your strands don’t appear the way you’d expected? Here’s a few tips we thought we’d share with you!
1. Let your Stylist Know: if you get your new style reveal and your face simply falls in disappointment, chances are - your stylist notices this too! What’s even better, is they can help. Discuss how you’re feeling and see if there’s anything on the spot that can be done to salvage the look you were ACTUALLY going for. At the end of the day, their goal is for you to be delighted by your new ‘do, and definitely not the opposite.
2. Accessories are your Friends: this is your opportunity to get creative! Utilize hats, hair bands, bobby pins, and whatever trinket you can find. It may even be the perfect time to test out some hair extensions! The good news is, there are LOADS of options at your fingertips. Take some time to peruse Youtube tutorials for some inspiration - they’re quite good these days!
3. Embrace the Chaos: hey, maybe this can be a time to try a new colour too. Embrace the crazy! Do you want to experiment with that bold red? See how you’d look with lighter or darker hues? NOW would be the perfect time. Who knows, maybe you’ll uncover a sweet new look you never thought of! After all, you’ve got less to lose - make it count, hehe.
4. Hair Food: your hair is an extension of your body - feed it well! Since now you may want to do all that you can to grow out your hair, it’s important to remember how CRUCIAL it is to have a healthy, balanced diet full of nutrient-dense, whole foods. Check out the Best Foods to Eat to Grow Healthy Hair. It’s also important to fill in the blanks of your diet through supplementation (since let’s face it, our foods aren’t what they used to be), which is why we’ve created the HAIRtamin Advanced Formula. You are what you eat!
5. Wait to Reshape: as much as you may want to chop some more hair immediately in a frantic attempt to make things better, it’s actually best to wait as long as you can to grow things out. The idea is to cut and reshape while maintaining the most length possible, until things are back to normal - or ahem, like the cut you actually had in mind. So try not to be impulsive! Especially if you’re taking your vitamins and minerals, your hair will be more likely to grow out longer without those unsightly split ends.